Lunch & Learns are presented by Megan Carrier (MS, RD, LDN, CCIT) who specializes in weight management, metabolic disease, and auto-immune diseases with an integrative nutrition approach.
To sign-up for any of the below Lunch & Learns, please e-mail Megan at CarrierM@einstein.edu
Each session is held between 12:00-1:00pm.
June Theme: Summer Series - Surviving the Summer BBQ Season
Summer is officially here and the BBQs are a plenty! In this session, learn tips and tricks for surviving the BBQ season, recipes for healthy cookouts, and more!
- EMCP - Wednesday, June 19th, Fox Room (Braemer Building)
- EMCM - Thursday, June 20th, Administrative Classroom, Modular Building
- Elkins Park - Thursday, June 27th, G2 Conference Room
July Theme: Summer Series - Diet Fads, Debunked
The Atkins Diet, Whole 30, Keto (who even knows how to pronounce this correctly?!), Paleo, Juicing, and the list goes on! In this session, we'll talk about the differences in all of the crazy diet fads out there, and how to make smart decisions about your health and eating habits.
- EMCP - Wednesday, July 17th, Fox Room (Braemer Building)
- EMCM - Thursday, July 18th, Administrative Classroom, Modular Building
- Elkins Park - Thursday, July 25th, G2 Conference Room
August Theme: Natural Remedies and Food for Wellness
Ginger for nausea? Cinnamon for better blood sugar? Tumeric for anti-inflammatory effects? Maybe you've heard of some of these natural remedies or maybe it's new to you! Sign-up for this lunch and learn and learn about all the natural remedies for common ailments that might just be in your pantry!
- EMCM - Thursday, August 8th, Administrative Classroom, Modular Building
- EMCP - Wednesday, August 14th, Sonia's Room (Braemer Building)
- Elkins Park - Thursday, August 22nd, G2 Conference Room
Please note: all Lunch & Learns are BYOL (Bring Your Own Lunch)!