It's never too early, or too late to PlanSmart for your retirement.
Click Here to Register for FREE Classes at MetLifePlanSmart.com
Enter "Einstein" to register for classes, or call 1-866-801-3547
Winter Upcoming Classes
Financial Footsteps - Getting it Right in Your 20s and 30s (2 part series): You've got a lot going on. Starting a job, paying taxes, getting married, buying a home, dealing with debt and everything in between. We can help you sort it all out. In this workshop you will learn about:
- Creating a personalized budget that works
- Managing student loans and other debt
- Credit reports and scores - what they are, why they matter and how to improve them
- Investment basics including the power of compounding and asset allocation
Classes will be held:
- EMCP: December 10th & 17th, 12:00 - 1:00 PM, Gouley Auditorium
- Elkins Park: December 9th & 19th, 12:00-1:00 PM, G2 Conference Room
- EMCM: December 16th & 20th, 12:00 - 1:00 PM, Administrative Classroom, Modular Building
A Parent's Guide to Kids and Money - Toddler to Teens: For many of us, as children, discussing money was off-limits. Questions were ignored or received vague incomplete answers. But times have changed. In this workshop you'll learn ways to teach your children good money habits and how to make sound spending, saving, and investing decisions. In this workshop you'll learn:
- What's the best age to have the first "money" talk with your child (it's younger than you think)
- How you can encourage saving, spending and giving wisely
- When and how you should introduce investing, budgeting and credit cards
Classes will be held:
- Elkins Park: April 21st, 12:00-1:00 PM, G2 Conference Room
- EMCP: April 22nd, 12:00 - 1:00 PM, Sonia's Room
- EMCM: April 23rd, 12:00 - 1:00 PM, Board Room 1211
Learn how to better manage your finances
in a free four-part workshop series so you can RetireWise.
Retirewise Session 1: Building the Foundation
You will envision the retirement you want and how you will finance it based on current and future retirement trends. We will cover some financial basics as well as the importance of tax diversification. You will see how what you already have will contribute to the retirement you want.
RetireWise Session 2: Creating and Managing Wealth
You will begin to look at how to prepare before retirement to generate income during retirement. You will look at investment risk, investment strategies, retirement expenses and several sources of retirement income.
RetireWise Session 3: Establishing Your Retirement Income Stream
Building on what you have learned so far, you will learn how to structure a retirement income stream to address your retirement wants and needs. We will examine the risks that could impact your retirement funds and how to manage assets to help provide lifelong income.
RetireWise Session 4: Making the Most of What You Have
You will review the benefits your employer offers, together with other benefits for a clear understanding of how they fit into your retirement plan. We will also look at the basics of estate planning, wills and trusts.