It's never too early, or too late to PlanSmart for your retirement.
Click Here to Register for FREE Classes at MetLifePlanSmart.com
Enter "Einstein" to register for classes, or call 1-866-801-3547
Fall Upcoming Classes
Understanding Retirement Healthcare: Get the information you need to make smarter decisions. Most of us will live longer than our parents. But as we age and approach retirement, a common question is "what if I get sick?" Healthcare is on everyone's mind. It's important to begin the healthcare planning process by getting the information needed to make smart decisions. In this workshop you will learn:
- How to shift your focus from accumulation to distribution
- What healthcare decisions need to be made before, at, and after age 65
- What Medicare does and does not offer
- The necessary steps to take in the healthcare planning process
Classes will be held:
- EMCP: September 11th, 12:00 - 1:00 PM, Sonia's Room
- Elkins Park: September 12th, 12:00-1:00 PM, G2 Conference Room
- EMCM: September 16th, 12:00 - 1:00 PM, Administrative Classroom, Modular Building
Preparing to Care for an Aging Parent: Good news: we're all living longer. But with a longer life, it's more likely we are going to need assistance. That's why it's so important to prepare and to better understand the roles and responsibilities of caregivers. In this workshop you will learn:
- What it means to be a caregiver today
- Different types of care and the options to receive care
- Legal and financial considerations
- Planning tips and available resources
Classes will be held:
- Elkins Park: September 17th, 12:00-1:00 PM, G2 Conference Room
- EMCM: September 19th, 12:00 - 1:00 PM, Administrative Classroom, Modular Building
- EMCP: September 25th, 12:00 - 1:00 PM, Sonia's Room
Learn how to better manage your finances
in a free four-part workshop series so you can RetireWise.
Retirewise Session 1: Building the Foundation
You will envision the retirement you want and how you will finance it based on current and future retirement trends. We will cover some financial basics as well as the importance of tax diversification. You will see how what you already have will contribute to the retirement you want.
RetireWise Session 2: Creating and Managing Wealth
You will begin to look at how to prepare before retirement to generate income during retirement. You will look at investment risk, investment strategies, retirement expenses and several sources of retirement income.
RetireWise Session 3: Establishing Your Retirement Income Stream
Building on what you have learned so far, you will learn how to structure a retirement income stream to address your retirement wants and needs. We will examine the risks that could impact your retirement funds and how to manage assets to help provide lifelong income.
RetireWise Session 4: Making the Most of What You Have
You will review the benefits your employer offers, together with other benefits for a clear understanding of how they fit into your retirement plan. We will also look at the basics of estate planning, wills and trusts.