The annual physical includes a biometric screening, and colonoscopy and mammogram have also been added for plan members in the age and gender categories recommended to have these screenings. We believe adding the biometric screening to the annual physical will create an opportunity to discuss the results with your physician and the addition of a colonoscopy and mammogram has the potential to actually help save lives!
- Employee and spouse/partner plan members who are on the Einstein health plan before October 1, 2016.
- Have an annual physical - which must include a biometric screening
- If you and/or your spouse/partner are age 50 or older, provide documentation on the Healthy Steps confirmation form that you and/or your spouse/partner had a colonoscopy within the last 10 years
- This documentation only needs to be submitted once in 10 years
- If you and/or your spouse/partner are age 40 or older and female, provide documentation on the Healthy Steps confirmation form that you and/or your spouse/partner had a mammogram once every two years*
- If you and/or your spouse/partner are age 50 or older and female, provide documentation on the Healthy Steps confirmation form that you and/or your spouse/partner had a mammogram every year*
- *As a result of conflicting opinions around mammogram guidelines from reputable societies and organizations, Einstein made adjustments to the breast cancer screening requirement in the Healthy Steps program. While the requirement has changed, Einstein's breast health experts believe that the benefits of getting an annual mammogram outweigh the risks and help to diagnose cancer at an earlier age. As a result, our health plan will continue to cover annual screening mammograms.
- Click here to access the Healthy Steps confirmation form. Each employee, spouse/partner should complete the applicable sections of their own form (depending on age and gender requirements for the screenings), have their physician sign it and fax the form to HCS.
- To schedule an annual physical with an Einstein physician, call 1-877-331-5333
- More information about scheduling a mammogram at Einstein
- More information about scheduling a colonoscopy at Einstein
- Questions? Call HealthCare Strategies at 1-800-582-1535 x3401